My aim was to raise awareness of Somerset Day, gain exposure, increase community involvement and partnerparticipation for 2019. Somerset Day CIC is a not for profit community interest company and has the single aim of celebrating Somerset as a place to live, learn, work and play.
Social media strategy, tone of voice, social media content, social media management, campaign management.
With the main aim for Somerset Day 2019 to see an increase in involvement, I created a social media strategy for the year to drive engagement within local communities.
Due to Somerset Day being a CIC, there was no budget for paid advertising so all activity had to be completely organic. I promoted involvement for the big day from January and began discussions with partners about how they could be more actively involved with the CIC.
Somerset Day’s social media accounts come alive with community engagement throughout the month of May (Somerset Day is May 11th), which is why I recommend creating bespoke social media campaigns in association with Somerset Day’s partners to see a surge in results for all involved.
- 14 million impressions for the #SomersetDay hashtag, an increase of 539% from 2018
- #SomersetDay hashtag trended UK wide for over 10 hours on May 11th 2019
- 4.2 million bespoke Giphy views
- 274,548 Facebook impressions over the campaign duration
- 4,562 tweets used the #SomersetDay in celebration of Somerset Day 2019 with these tweets reaching over 4,838,360 people
Project carried out at The Bard Collective, Copyright